This week I am soliciting your support for a Black Diamond Ladies’ Golf Association event called the 4C-Conquering Cancer in Citrus County. Years ago the fundraiser was called “A Rally for a Cure.” Through a golf tournament, BDLGA was excited to raise $5000 or so, and send it a national Cancer Facility. As the years passed and more and more activities raised thousands of dollars, many thought we should try to keep the money raised for people of Citrus County (for cancer screening of all types of cancer and cancer treatment.) Thus the 4 C tournament evolved: Conquering Cancer in Citrus County. Last year they raised more than $50,000.
All monies raised remain in Citrus County. These monies flow through the Citrus County Family Resource Center (CCFRC) an d the Citrus Aid Cancer Foundation (CACF). None of these monies go toward administrative costs. The CCFRC provides a Cancer Screening Program for eligible Citrus County Residents. Then together, the dedicated members of CCFRC and CACF help organize the services necessary to provide treatment for those diagnosed with cancer.
Additionally, contributions are made to the YMCA of the Suncoast’s LIVESTRONG program: a 12 week program for cancer patients to move foreword after cancer treatment. This helps the patient in body, mind spirit.
You are going to receive a postcard in your newspaper box in the coming week or so…it details how you can help with this worthy cause…
Meanwhile for your information:
Many fun ways you can support this effort!
- Attend the Monday Social and Auctions
- BDR Clubhouse March 16, 5-7p~Auction @ 6pm
- Cash Bar with Appetizers compliments of Escalante
- Donations welcomed
- Forms available upon request…
- Honor and Memorialize your loved ones
- Purchase a Ribbon to display on the banners
- $10 Minimum Donation
- Play Golf with your friends
- Tuesday, March 17, 9 am Shotgun Shamble
- $100 members, $155 non-members
- DON’T PLAY GOLF? join us for Lunch following golf
- Sign up available with the Concierge~$30